[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WqBdh5HKiU” playlist=”https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-9IoVCEzpYyi7c3D3bXj1xY52lmMNfuO” height=”460″ controls=”no” autohide=”yes” rel=”no” modestbranding=”yes”]*Appraisal video here*[/su_youtube_advanced]
Preparing for West Palm Beach Appraisals, 5 Stress-Reducing Tips
You’ve probably heard the wry old saying: “Nothing clears the mind like the prospect of being hanged at dawn.” For some homeowners, you could add an equally wry modern West Palm Beach real estate version: “Nothing clears the mind like having a real estate appraiser drop by for a look-see.”
I’d like to counter that notion—there’s really not much to worry over when the West Palm Beach real estate appraiser is scheduled to make an appearance. The stress level can be lowered by keeping a few simple ideas in mind:
- Appraisals aren’t showings. Sure, you want to have the house as spruced up and orderly as you would for any visitor. But your West Palm Beach property doesn’t have to present the kind of perfection it will for an open house or prospective buyer showing. Experienced West Palm Beach appraisers aren’t looking for a 100% clutter-free, immaculate show-stopper of a home: they will be concentrating on physical details like square footage and structural and mechanical features. They are more like backstage workers than audience members—but neatness can’t hurt!
- Paperwork is a plus. If they are available, dig out any floor plans or location plats you may have filed away. Also, the age of your home is one thing, but updated features can boost the end appraisal value. If you prepare a list of improvements and the years in which they were completed, it will make the appraiser’s job that much easier—and your West Palm Beach home’s appraisal that much better.
- Curb appeal is the exception. Appraisals aren’t showings, but no one—even the professional who prepares your West Palm Beach appraisal—is immune to the “first impression” effect. Condition is a factor in any appraisal, so it will be worthwhile to be sure the front lawn is mowed and plantings trimmed. If the front doorway is in need of a paint refresher, it will be effort worth making.
- Consideration helps. The appraiser’s job is part physical, so being considerate of that part of the appraisal process will be appreciated. Be sure that obstructions are cleared, that rooms are appropriately heated and cooled—and that Lassie and Garfield aren’t allowed to pester.
- New good news is good news. If there have been positive changes in the neighborhood, it can’t hurt to let the appraiser know about them. West Palm Beach may be part of a rising market, but appraisers don’t speculate on future values. Supplying some positive neighborhood developments can be persuasive.
There is another “nothing clears the mind” quote, too: Nothing clears the mind like buying property. That saying isn’t wry at all: it’s absolutely true! If you are setting out on your own West Palm Beach house hunt, I hope you’ll give me a call to help focus your search. And if you’re readying to sell your own West Palm Beach property (which puts you in the soon-to-be-visited-by-the-appraiser category) the same applies. Please don’t hesitate to give me a call!
Source: Click Me
Christian Penner Branch Manager | Cell/Text: (561) 316-6800
[su_button url=”http://christianpenner.com/MyBusinessCard” target=”blank” background=”#e6280e” wide=”yes”]Mobile Contact Card[/su_button][su_button url=”http://christianpenner.lendtelligent.com/bsa.aspx” target=”blank” background=”#e6280e” wide=”yes”]BorrowSmart Analysis App[/su_button][su_button url=”http://christianpenner.borrowsmartmobile.com/” target=”blank” background=”#e6280e” wide=”yes”]Mobile App Tool Kit[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://web.facebook.com/YourMortgageBanker” target=”blank” background=”#4950b5″ wide=”yes”]Facebook[/su_button][su_button url=”http://www.christianpennersloanapp.com/” target=”blank” background=”#4950b5″ wide=”yes”]Apply Now[/su_button] [su_button url=”http://www.americasmortgagesolutions.com/homes_for_heroes-signup.htm” target=”blank” background=”#4950b5″ wide=”yes”]Homes For Heroes[/su_button]
Or You can click “Call Me” below to call Christian Penner directly using Google Voice
– – –
South Flagler Drive, Suite 800, West Tower West Palm Beach, FL 33401
712 U.S. Highway 1 North #300, North Palm Beach, FL 33408
– – –
The Christian Penner Mortgage Team | Cell/Text: (561) 316-6800